Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rugs I have seen

I am a magazine junkie, there I said it. My friends all know it.

Penny rugs and magazines, is there anything else, oh excuse me, of course! Grandchildren!
But really, when I see a picture of an old penny rug, I'm all over it. Trying to decide how it was made, what was used.
The next best thing would be finding a vintage one in real life.
Perhaps one day, in the meantime, let's talk about some of my research... a small sampling.
This is a great book, look for it in thrift stores and on ebay.
Better Homes and Gardens
Traditional American Crafts






The pattern for the rug below is in the book.


Country Living's
Handmade Country, I just found this book, and I love it


I've seen photos of these rugs on the internet before, but now I have my own copies...


There are more penny rug photos and a pattern for the above rug in this book



(oh, yes, I like cross stitch too)




on to magazines, I have lots and lots of photos, but I just found this one in a Canadian House and Home Issue of April 2008. Nice article about a build in Nova Scotia.

Check out the cool modern looking rug on the leather sofa, big tear drops around the sides, I love the colours!

3 comments:

  1. Great post...I'm going to have to look thur my magazines that I have stashed away:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a great blog! I'm going to try my very first one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book but will certainly be on the lookout for the second. Thanks for sharing the eye candy. I have all my pennies made for one right now. I just need to get them together.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete