Friday, January 30, 2009

The North and South Shores

Yesterday we rented a PT Cruiser, amazingly comfortable and fun, and we drove around Oahu.
The last time we drove around this island was in 1978 and it was in a Volkswagon "Thing".
Does anyone remember those convertables? I remember not wearing enough sunscreen and a gecko crawling out from inside the dashboard!
We happened upon the Dole Plantation, me, just another pineapple in the bunch,
Asked for directions,Fed the fish! What a lot of (hungry) fish in that pond!
Found a antique store, always lookin' for those...
(Drat, someone purchased the pincushions ahead of me.)
Then we stopped at the Shrimp Shack at Punalu Beach Park.
If you like fish, butter and garlic, don't miss it!

Lots of roadside picnic tables with an ocean view.

Not really a shack, a kitchen on wheels. Yum, yum, good.

The Surf and Surf... (Mahi, mahi and shrimp)
You MUST try some, but you MUST like garlic too!



This is Hanauma Bay, a really really nice protected area for snorkelling.
We gave that a go today, no pictures of the fishes, sorry.
I can't remember snorkelling but once and I was worried more about myself!


Body surfers at Sandy Beach,




Neil and Colleen on the Sunset Dinner Cruise.
Diamond Head and Waikiki in the background.
We watched the sunset and enjoyed two frolicing whales swim past.


Cheers and Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. Will be looking through your tutorials when I get a moment. Added you to my favorites on my blog.

    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete