Thursday, April 17, 2008

Penny Purses in the Works; the beginnings

I promised a tutorial on these little cuties and it's coming! Remember in my Custom Rug post I showed you the rug my 87 year mother made? Well, Mom's been sick, she's in the hospital right now, so I'm kinda, sorta busy. (and a little pooped) I started these penny purses last week. I will be sharing the construction of them with everyone. I just have to get Mom sorted out first. She may be ready to do some stitching of her own, although I ordered a T.V. for her and now she's very busy!


Penny Purse Tutorial, to begin.....find an old zipper, felted wool and a nice lining piece, cotton or a blend, (make sure it's prewashed). Cut your wool and lining to 9 1/2" long by 4" wide (24.5 cm x 10 cm) Make a few 1 inch (2.5 cm) and 1/2" (13mm) pennies from some felted scraps, find some strong thread and meet up with me later.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Collen,
    You look like your table is 'overwhelmed' with wool bits:) Can't wait to read more about the purses; I am totally hair-brained when it comes to patterns, but I usually understand when you explain it.
    I hope that your Mom is home soon, and that you are taking care of yourself between running to the hospital and putting purse kits together:)
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I received my order from your Etsy shop and I am just thrilled. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration you provide here and a glimpse into your art. I look forward to your posts. You and your Mother are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorials and lovely work! I have linked your site to our blog.
    Cheers
    Jackie at The Red Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fellow wool lovers!

    Terry and Jackie RED is my favourtie colour! Wish I were closer...I'd be visting your shop!

    ReplyDelete