Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remembering Forever, Our Mom 1920-2008

Losing a mother is just about the worst thing that can happen. Our Mom entered into heaven, and joined our Dad, June 18, 2008. She was a courageous lady, devoted to and proud of her family. She was born in Ireland, trained in England as a nurse, married an RCAF officer and emigrated to Canada as a war bride.

With her husband, she raised 5 children. Mom had a long career as a nurse, had a strong faith in God and was devoted to caring for the sick. She retired in 1985. She was a generous volunteer, never wanting to give up her "job" helping stroke survivors at the local Stroke Recovery group she founded.

She retired from her volunteer work in 2007.

Eileen you will be missed forever.

We love you mom.

Mom on her wedding day. Circa 1944

Mom with her family (me in plaid) Circa early 1960

My sister, my mom and me, on Mom's birthday 2005

Posted by Picasa

Mom enjoying a Carribean cruise in 2007

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom Colleen.

    When you get time will you visit my blog to pick up an award that is for you?

    Hugs,
    Trudy
    http://bitsofwool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to stop by and say I miss you. Wish you'd come back and inspire me once again. I loved your blog. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone, I've had lots of very nice emails and cards regarding my mother. She was in declining health much of this year and it was a tiring time for myself and my sister. I will be back. Presently on a much needed two week vacation, sadly almost at it's end. I have lots of wooly things to share! Don't give up on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, This really is a beautiful Tribute of Love to your mother. I Think of you often especially as Fall approaches and that desire to play with wool has run amok. Much love and hugs, Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Colleen, I just happened to come upon your penny rug blog here and I had to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your beautiful tribute to your mother. Thank you for sharing her story.

    ReplyDelete