Friday, July 31, 2020

One Request

It all started with one request.

That's how it happens, one request.

Someone asked where they could find the wool 
for Cee's Marriage/Memory Rug 

 
I decided to give it a go.
I have written the pattern for Cee, and others.
I have made my own version with Cee's wool.

Remember the oval tongue rug here

Well it was time to get the dye pots out, 
start tearing through piles of wool 
and get to it.

One request turned into batches
 and batches
 and batches
(did I say batches?)
of wool 
and string 
and cotton thread 
and
 and 
and

It went on 
and on.
 Wool and more wool, 
dyeing and redyeing



 string and more string
 





And then the sun came out and I was ready to cut!
And cut I did. 
So much cutting. 
 


 One request turned into 10 beautiful kits,
with more in my 
future
 because there is a laundry basket 
full of leftovers 
waiting
for the process to start again. 
 One day 
 the lonely leftover wool will have
some string 
and other wool 
to join it,
making a complete kit,

one day.


Thank you to the Ladies and Gents of the Wool Circle Club
 who trust in me and support me.

Check my Etsy shop if you want 
to nab one of the remaining kits.
Or purchase the pattern only.

Happy Stitching whatever your project is.

Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment