Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Magazine Rugs to share


I'm going to share my favourite photos with you from favourite magazines over the next little while.
Here's a penny rug in the April 2007 issue of Country Living.

It's gorgeous and was made by the owner's grandmother. She mentions that it is 30 x 60 inches. (right where my camera flashes on the page...!)
Country Living has appraised it at $950.00


I really like the variety of colours in the traditional layout. Click on the photo and you'll get a closeup.

Would I make up all my stacks first for this one? Or would I make a section up and then get to assembling on the mat base?
Lots to think about and imagine. The colours to collect and dye.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love this rug.....is it 30"X60"?
    I've been collecting wool for sometime to make one and have been looking at your tutorials for enough confidence to start.
    I love your work.
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I looked closer at the article, thanks for asking, yes it is 30 x 60!

    ReplyDelete